Monday 24 August 2009

Soap & Glory - Introduction;

I contacted Soap & Glory on the 18th August asking about the circumstances about animal testing, as I was sure I could remember reading 'We do not test our products on animals, just very picky people' and I was sent a lovely email back this was part of it;

We understand that animal testing is a key concern for a growing number of consumers and at Soap & Glory, we can confidently state that all of our formulations are safety and efficacy tested on people. (Although you might argue about that if you’d seen the condition of some of their feet. YEEEESH. )

At Soap & Glory, we uphold very strict guidelines through our regularly audited manufacturing partners that uphold the ‘no animal testing’ policy. As well, we are fortunate that our biggest retail partner – Boots The Chemists- upholds the very same standards by funding through an organisation called FRAME, which is the FUND for the REPLACEMENT of ANIMALS in MEDICAL EXPERIMENTS) in an effort to eliminate reliance in the industry on animal testing.

That said – and because we feel it necessary to be transparent and to educate EVERYBODY- it’s important for you to know that no retailer or manufacturer can categorically state that ‘none’ of their raw materials or ingredients have –at some time in the past- been tested on animals. The majority of individual raw materials used in cosmetics today have been through some kind of animal testing process. At Soap & Glory, we absolutely do not test our formulations on animals, however we can’t say that each and every ingredient that goes into them has not, at some point historically, been cleared for human use, by animal testing.


They also mention 'we’d suggest you contact Colipa, the European Cosmetics Directive association, via www.colipa.eu '

- Which I intend to do tomorrow!




After I contacted the lovely people at Soap & Glory( for the second time to inform them of my new blog) and told them how I love their new EDT spray (I was the first to give them feedback on it!) I have a little bit about the company where they're products are available and also I've been given the thumbs up to review some of their products! I already have quite a few ready for review as they are my favorite brand!
So here's the lowdown Thanks to the team themelves!

At the moment, you can find Soap & Glory in the UK at Harvey Nichols (and on www.shop.harveynichols.com) and at most Boots stores throughout the country (as well as on www.boots.com).

If you are in the USA, you can find us in Target stores and on www.target.com.

The team is working hard to find perfect new outlets around the world.

Soap & Glory was established in August 2006 by founder Marcia Kilgore who foundered ‘Bliss Spas’. I have attached our very first press release which contains a little more information you may find useful.

Also our own Soap & Glory website will be up and running in the near future, so keep your eye out for that. You will be able to discover everything there is to know about the Soap & Glory range!







So thanks guys and I know I'll carry on recommending your brand to everyone as it smells so fantastic!

So thanks Soap & Glory, stay bright eyed as a review or three will be appearing over the next few days!

Updates very soon including more Soap & Glory, Avon, M.A.C and Naked.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I love Soap and Glory products so much as well, but I realised just a couple seconds ago that I stupidly haven't check that the company doesn't test on animals! So I googled it and your blog came up as the first thing. Thank you so much for you article! I'll be sure to check it out again.

    oh! I'm an expat living in the UAE in a small town called Al Ain, the first Boots was opened here, I'd say little over a year ago, so thats how I was introduced to Soap and Glory!
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete